How to Quickly Report Your Utility Outage to CFU
At CFU we work to keep your utility and broadband services connected 24 hours a day. Even so your service can be interrupted at times by lightning wind falling trees and other hazards. We make it easy and fast to contact CFU if you have an outage.
Quickly report an electric internet TV or phone outage in any of the ways below. You will need your CFU account number OR a phone number that matches our customer records.
Use the App
The CFU2Go app is available for your Apple or Android device. Download the app from your app store and set up your account so you are ready if you do experience an outage. Learn more at cfu.net/app.
Navigate to the Report Service Outage page on our website and select the Report Online link for the appropriate outage.
Call 319-268-6999 to report an outage by phone. Usually your call will be answered by a CFU employee. During a widespread outage an automated attendant will answer.
If you smell gas:
- Don’t use light switches
- Leave the area immediately
- Then call CFU at 319-268-5340
Power Line Safety
- Consider all lines including downed power lines to be live and dangerous.
- Do not touch anything in contact with a power line.
- Stay at least 35 feet away from downed power lines and call CFU at 319-268-5297 immediately.
- If a vehicle contacts a power line or utility pole:
- Tell others not to approach and stay at least 35 feet away.
- Have someone call CFU at 319-268-5297 to de-energize the line.
- Stay inside your vehicle unless you see fire or smoke.
- In the event of fire or smoke:
- Jump from the vehicle with your feet together and shuffle away. Avoid lifting your feet.
- Do not touch the ground and vehicle at the same time.