What can we help you find?



Frequently Asked Questions

How can I pay my bill without coming into the office?
There are many alternative methods for paying your bill:

  • Call our office at 319-268-5280 and pay over the phone with a debit/credit card or e-Check
  • Pay your bill online
  • Use our 24-hour, secure drop box at CFU’s office building under the canopy

Is CFU customer service staff still available?
Customer service staff will remain available to answer questions and accept payments over the phone Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 319-268-5280.

Will the Help Desk still be available for TV, internet or phone tech support?
Yes. Customers with TV, internet or phone tech support questions can contact the CFU Help Desk at 319-268-5221. The Help Desk will remain available weekdays from 6 a.m. to midnight and weekends from 8 a.m. to midnight.

I need to return my communications equipment.  What do I do?
A table will be set up in our office, along with plastic bags and slips to label the bag with your name and address. Receipts for returned equipment will be mailed to customers. If you need assistance, you can also speak to a representative in the office

I need to pick up communications equipment.  What do I do?
If you need communications equipment, please call 319-268-5283. We will make arrangements with you to obtain what you need.

What if I can’t pay my bill?
If you are having difficulty paying all or part of your bill, please call our office at 319-268-5280.

Will you still read my meters?
CFU meter reading personnel intend to read all outside meters according to their normal route schedule. If you have indoor meter(s), you may call customer service at 319-268-5280 with your meter read or submit it online at cfu.net/water.

Is drinking water safe?
Yes.  As noted by the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water supplies. Based on current evidence, the risk to water supplies is very low. Disinfection methods used in drinking water treatment are effective for inactivation of coronaviruses and all other viruses. Iowans can continue to use and drink water from their tap as usual. 

I am experiencing an electric, water or a communications outage.  What should I do?
Please call our outage number as normal, at 319-268-6999. CFU personnel will respond as quickly as possible to resolve any service interruptions.

I smell natural gas or need help with my gas service.  What should I do?
If you smell natural gas or suspect a gas leak, please leave the building immediately without operating light switches or a telephone. Gas can be ignited with the slightest spark or nearby heat or flames. After you’ve moved to a safe location, call CFU at 319-268-5340. Gas services staff will still be available for mission critical essential services and will deploy necessary staff to resolve issues.