If you own or lease an electric vehicle, join CFU's electric vehicle (EV) community.
Help drive the use of electric vehicles in our community and be on the list for future focus groups, surveys and more.
Community requirements and limits:
- Residential and business CFU customers who own or lease a qualified electric vehicle are eligible for a $50 electric vehicle (EV) community incentive.
- Qualified vehicles:
- Electric and partially electric (plug-in hybrid) vehicles.
- Electric vehicles that can travel at speeds >60 mph. Licensed or unlicensed vehicles such as electric golf carts and neighborhood electric vehicles like the GEM Peapod, etc. are not eligible.
- One rebate per vehicle+customer combination.
- Customers with multiple electric vehicles can apply for each vehicle. Submit a new form for each vehicle.
- Customers that replace an already registered electric vehicle can apply for the replacement electric vehicle.
The Best Time to Charge
CFU encourages electric vehicle owners to charge overnight, after 9 PM. Overnight charging matches up with overall lower electric demand on CFU’s system. Most electric vehicle chargers and charging stations allow owners to schedule the charging time.
If too many EV owners in Cedar Falls fill their batteries during the day when overall electricity demand tends to peak, it could put a strain on the grid and require new infrastructure. If most charging happens at night, when demand is lower, CFU can meet the new electric load with much less investment. This keeps rates low for all customers.