What can we help you find?


Start Service

Use this form to START CFU services if you do not currently receive services from us.

To complete this service form, you will need the following information:

  • Social security numbers for you and your spouse.
  • The date you want service to begin at new address.
  • Your present and your new service addresses, including apartment, lot, or unit number.
  • If you will be renting at your new address, we will need your landlord's name and phone number.
  • If you will have roommates at your new residence, we will need their names and phone numbers.
  • The name, address and phone number of someone not living with you that we can contact in case of emergency.

(CFU reserves the right to verify the submitted information with your landlord.)

This interactive application will collect the information we need to set up your CFU services. CFU must receive this information at least one working day before you want service to begin in your name. Working days are Monday through Friday, except holidays. If a holiday is selected, service will begin the next working day. Applications received after 4:00 p.m. will be considered to have been received on the next working day. Service will remain in your name until we receive notice to stop your service. If meters are located inside the home, CFU will contact you to make arrangements to read the meters before service can begin.

If you do not have a social security number, please call the Customer Service Department at 319-268-5280 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

If you would prefer to mail or fax your application to us rather than submitting it electronically, you can download a START SERVICE form PDF Document.